Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm Back!

Well, the United States is just as glorious as I remembered: Diet Cokes are served with ice, people speak English and Visa really is everywhere you want to be.

Not much has changed as far as I can tell. Rosie has gained about four pounds (something that is pretty significant for a dog who was only 10 pounds when I left) and she has gotten a tan. I didn't even know it was possible for dachshunds to get tan, but Rosie definitely has darker skin that when I left and I can only assume this is from all of her time outside on the farm.

There are some benefits to having left the country for the last two months. I missed the majority of pollen season. I'm not sick of the Britney Spears Piece of Me song yet. I've heard/seen enough ridiculous Obama and Clinton commercials in the last 24 hours to have me covered from the last two months. All of the magazines on a news rack in the airport were totally new to me. I don't think that's ever happened before. So, all in all, I feel good about the time gone.

Ok, so I've posted the pics from Hong Kong and China - the last photos from the trip. I'm a little depressed that it's my last posting. Of course, my depression could be coming from the fact that I had to post them from a coffee shop in Shelby because my parents' internet is so bad that I can't even access my email from their house. Hopefully my days of unemployment and living at home at 26 will not last for forever. I'm a little suspicious my parents have actually sabotaged the internet in an effort to make sure I don't get too comfortable with the free rent, board and pool time they've provided.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My guess is your cell phone doesn't work either in the back woods that you call Shelby. Otherwise I know you would have responded to my text about your best friend Merry Carlos!