Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mind the Gap


So I do a lot of writing about make up and a few weeks ago I received a press kit at work from Bobbi Brown. In it, was a large poster with this image of a model supposedly wearing the new raspberry make up by Bobbi Brown. I enjoyed that she had such a large gap in her front teeth. Kind of a rebellion against the world’s standards for beauty and all that…

But then, I was in London, riding down an escalator in a tube station and who did I see but my gap toothed Bobbi Brown friend. Except now the gap is gone. Why was this done? Was it because she looks more like the typical image of beauty with no gap? Or because British people might take the gap thing personally? Like it was a mockery of their stereotypically bad teeth? Who’s to say? But I did think the photoshopping was interesting.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

clearly the most amazing thing about this post is the title of it. Mind the Gap. Pure brilliance.

SarahC said...

Yeah, at The Atlantan I make them call me heditor-in-chief because of my hed creating abilities. You can call me that too if you want Jenn.