Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Airplane Reading



I get this feeling sometimes that after the world ends, when God destroys all our buildings and our flags, we will wish that we had seen everybody as equal, that we had eaten dinner with prostitutes, held them in our arms, opened up spare rooms for them and loved them and learned from them. I was just another stupid child in the flow, you know; I didn’t know any of these things. I didn’t know that it didn’t matter what a person looked like, how much money they made or whether or not they were cool. I didn’t know that cool was just a myth and that one person was just as beautiful and meaningful as another… Like I said, it felt important to climb the social ladder, it felt important to defend our identities, it felt as though we were saving our own lives. – Donald Miller, Searching for God Knows What.

I like how he says stuff.

No comments: