Friday, March 14, 2008

We're in the Fiiiijjj!

As I affectionately like to call it.

So Laura and I have arrived. It's Saturday morning, March 15 and in case you stateside readers are wondering what the future is like for Saturday, I will tell you. It's warm and lovely and filled with alot of people saying bula. Which apparently means hello, good bye and everything in between.

We're currently hanging out at the airport and waiting for a "tall indo fijian man named daniel" to come and retrieve us to take us to a boat that will then travel 1 and a half hours to the Octopus Resort on a small island in the Yasawa islands. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

That's about it for now. Due to a severe lack of sleep, lack of water and food and alot of sweating (how does a plane at 40,000 feet get so freaking hot that you wake up sweating through your eye cover?! This, I will never understand) I feel a bit delirious as I make this post. So, I'm going to let Laura have a go at the internet and I'll go back on backpack watch. And hopefully track down a diet coke because I'm pretty sure I've never wanted one more in my life.

Ok, I'm off! Bula!

No comments: