Thursday, April 24, 2008

Headed to Beijing

Ok, so this is a very brief post because we're about to catch a train to Beijing. A 24 hour train to Beijing. That's a long train ride. So, I don't actually have to make this a short post due to catching the train, but rather because I have to purchase some snacks prior to 24 hours without constant availability of any kind of Pringles I want.

I had big plans to write about our time here in Hong Kong (a city that is basically London masquerading around as an Asian city - it has foggy weather, Marks & Spencer, Pret a Manger, pubs on every corner and thousands of British accents), however, my blogging time was cut short due to neccessary responses to several emails including a very serious one from my father regarding the risks of various diseases due to tattoos in Thailand. I have now explained to him that we didn't actually get tattoos so if anyone else was under the same misconception (mostly due to my blatant lying on my photo captions), don't worry. It was just henna. Everett and I don't have Hep B. At least not from seaside tatoos. Maybe from swimming in water where we kept seeing syringes washed up on the beach though. Who's to say?

Ok, I'll update when I get to Beijing - our final stop on this trip. (I can't say "final" in front of Laura anymore because she starts crying every time. She claims she's going to miss traveling, but I suspect she's really just going to miss sleeping in the same miniature double bed with me every other night.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I suspect Laura's tears are because she's dreading return to a certain office in Tower Place, but what do I know.