Thursday, February 28, 2008

B-Day

Today, in lieu of an Ibex update or another ode to Rosie, I want to wish a very happy birthday to one of my favorite (and probably most consistent) readers, Jenn Thompson.

Jenn, who right now is probably happily eating cupcakes and sampling Charlestonian cuisine* for her upcoming nuptials to her lovely fiancĂ© Joe, is a birthday lover. As a bit of a birthday hater myself (I can’t explain this. I just don’t like birthdays), I have had many birthdays (including my last one) dramatically enhanced by Jenn. She’s thrown me a surprise party and serenaded me at 4,000 feet above the Atlantic—with qualifications like this, she’s pretty much a birthdayer extraordinaire.

And so Jenn, happy birthday! Later, I am going to call you and Rosie and I are going to sing to you together. I think you’ll be pretty impressed. For now, just know that I think it’s really awesome that 25 years ago one of my favorite people was born.

*I’d just like to put a vote in for crab cakes and/or shrimp if they’re available. Also, cheese. Any kind will do.

No comments: