Thursday, February 14, 2008

Congrats

Today began rather strangely. As I walked into work, Chris, who manages our office, indicated that I should come read an email he’d received. The title was “Maternity Leave?”

The email, which was sent from a person who works in corporate in the company, read:

“Hi Chris! Someone mentioned on a phone call that they thought Sarah Crosland was out on maternity leave. If she is, who should we direct her calls to in Atlanta?”

Chris had already responded:
“I can assure you she is not pregnant. She is also not out.”

The response from corporate?
“Ok -- good to know. Me either.”

And Chris’ final response (on which, I was cc’d):
“I think congratulations are in order for everyone involved.”

So there you have it. In case anyone was curious as to whether or not I am with child, it has been officially confirmed that I am not.

When I woke up this morning I really did not anticipate having someone congratulate me on not being pregnant before the day was over.

1 comment:

chris barry said...

But when Sarah does get pregnant, she's going to do it like 7 or 8 times so she can have a whole litter of crumb-snatchers to go along with her litter of dachshunds (that's pronounced: dosh-'HOOOOOOnds).