Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ibex. Again.

So, I do have a few exciting things in my life these days. Two weeks from today I will have moved out of my condo. Three weeks from today I will no longer be working at my job. And four weeks from today I'll be in the south pacific living out of a rather small backpack. So between malaria medications, transfering vet records, researching UHaul options and taking daily trips to the liquor store in search of boxes, life is pretty full. However, the thing that was probably most exciting in my day today were the positioning of the Ibex.

I should pause here to note that on Valentines Day last week two of my coworkers and myself were walking to our cars and passed the store and noticed that one of the Ibex was missing. We stopped in our tracks and stared, searching the store front. Nothing.

The lady inside, noticing our distress came out and assured us that the other guy had just had to take a break from the store front for cleaning. Obviously we were pretty upset that he'd been split from his mate on V-day, but we could understand. He has a very white coat after all, cleaning is crucial. In our discussions with the saleslady though she told us that we weren't the only ones - several people had stopped and asked where he had gone. She also filled us in on some interesting facts. The most interesting being that they're not Ibex at all. They're mere mountain goats from Kashmir and were given to the store when they purchased cashmere sweaters from some company. She then went on to explain where cashmere wool comes from (goat throat) and how these particular replicas were actually made from it. We petted them.

Thankfully, the next day, all was right with the world and the goats (which we persist in calling Ibex) were back in their places. However, today something went terribly wrong.

We'll probably never know what happened here. A lovers quarrel? Over the Eiffel Tower purse? An unfortunate accident? Whatever the case, I think we can all see the tragedy here.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sarah. I really thought we settled this last night. You were supposed to blog before bed. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt by not checking your blog until 1:30 in the afternoon today, instead of first thing in the a.m. like I had planned to. This is unacceptable.

Jenn said...

Sarah. I am noting the time... 6:53pm. This is completely unacceptable.