Sunday, February 10, 2008

In other news...

So my parents are out of the country for the week. They left yesterday and have since sent three emails describing just how nice and relaxing Cabo is this time of year. To say that I'm envious doesn't really get close to touching on my feelings when I read emails about siestas, jacuzzis on balconies and lounging poolside.

However, the best part of getting these emails isn't really what they're talking about. It's the fact that they've CC'd both my brother and I on them so that I get to see what Everett is writing to them about his time house sitting for them in North Carolina.

This line from his email this morning might be the best thing I've ever read:"In other news I finished the spaghetti and the cat brought a dead bird to the back door."

It was just as randomly placed in the email as it sounds. I will probably spend the rest of my evening trying to figure out how, in his mind, the completion of the spaghetti and the dead bird at the back door went together as relevant news. If anything, this email speaks volumes to the reasons why it is best that I do not live for any long period of time in Shelby because these are actually the kind of things you start to consider "news."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am concerned that you don't seem to realize that your fans expect regular updates from you until the moment you leave the country. I realize that you won't be able to post every day while running for your life in the Outback, but that is makes it all the more critical that you provide me with as much blog fodder as possible before you jet off to the other side of the world and forget about us, your loyal readers.