Saturday, February 16, 2008

Four Legged Fashion

So, the other night, I was kind of bored. Well, really, not so much bored as procrastinating. Ok. That's not true either. I really don't have an excuse for why I spent my time the way I did and not in some other fashion. However, an excuse kind of seems necessary because there needs to be some kind of reasonable explanation for why a fairly normal person would spend any part of her evening dressing her dog up in random outfits and taking pictures of her.

Yes, that's right. That's what I did.

It was pretty late and Rosie really just wanted to go to sleep, but for some time now I had been considering how good Rosie looks in all her clothes and that I needed to capture that on film. And so, poor Rosie was forced in and out of repeated outfit changes as we went through the majority of her wardrobe.

I considered posting all of those photos here but in mentioning this thought to friends I've gotten some fairly negative feedback. Most of it along the lines of "Are you really sure you want the whole world to know what a crazy dachshund lady you are?" And, well, that's fair enough. It's probably best that I keep that kind of information off the internet. So, I'm just posting one pic. For now. More may come later. But this one was one of my favorites so I really just wanted to share.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am not contending that this is better or worse.....


but I have that same red coat with the white fur trim on my teddy bear, Snuffy.

My mom bought it for him for Christmas because he has no fur on his back and she thought he might be cold. I agreed. He is still wearing it.

Perhaps the only difference is that I have the presence of mind not to photograph it. At least, I haven't photographed it yet.