Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Guess What?

I have a few things changing in my life.

I haven't really mentioned them thus far in this space because, well, this blog is more about middle eastern mountain goats and bubble gum flavors if you know what I mean. But, I've decided to give a little more insight into my life than the length of my dachshund's legs and my preference for air mattresses over traditional ones.

Two weeks from today I will depart on a seven week sojourn to the following six countries: Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam, Thailand and China. And I am SO excited. I have resigned (a pretty word for quit) my job. I have moved out of my condo. I am dropping my dachshund off at my parents (I can't talk about this because it makes me cry). And I am going to cram about 30 pounds of stuff into my REI pack and set out to see the world. Or at least a few parts of it I haven't seen yet.

I'm going with my brother (this should be interesting) and my friend Laura. We have booked hostels on an island off the coast of New Zealand and plane tickets to make sure we're at the Full Moon party off the coast of Thailand. We're planning on seeing the Forbidden City and the DMZ and the Outback and Mt Cook and the Yasawa islands and everything in between.

And so, in two short weeks, this blog is going to take on a rather different format. More journalistic if you will. Also, probably more brief. Because internet cafes cost money and Vietnamese keyboards are hard to understand. But stay tuned. Because I assure you, my brother is the funniest person I've ever met and I plan to pretty much chronicle his ridiculous antics right here for all to read for seven weeks straight. (Unless I die from a Japanese Encephalitis contracted from a night biting bug. But the chances of that are slim.)

In the meantime, don't worry. There are still plenty more goat and gum stories to be told. And if all else fails, I can write about my dachshund for pages on end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cros, I cannot believe you are doing this!!! Wow!!! You dominate life, that's all there is to it!!!